Whist Photo Gallery RRS feed

• Question

• My wife is freaking out about "strangers" looking at our Whist photo gallery, is there anyway to apply one password to get into the photo gallery?

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:47 AM

Answers

• Unfortunately IIS has no easy .htaccess type way of requiring a password for a certain directory, although you can get plugins that add this functionality.

However, within Whiist i
    f you right-click on a website and open its properties you can make it private and control which members of your WHS can access that site. Our albums are private like this, and we have a dummy user ("Photos") that I send to friends / family to let them see our photo albums.

Andrew

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:29 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately IIS has no easy .htaccess type way of requiring a password for a certain directory, although you can get plugins that add this functionality.

However, within Whiist i
    f you right-click on a website and open its properties you can make it private and control which members of your WHS can access that site. Our albums are private like this, and we have a dummy user ("Photos") that I send to friends / family to let them see our photo albums.

Andrew

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:29 PM

• Awesome my WHS DVD's arrived today and I took your advice. I made the site 'private' which seems to work nicely.

Thanks Andrew!
    Monday, June 16, 2008 8:27 PM