Integrating OCS 2007 MCU with The Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G RRS feed

• Question

• we have a full Cisco Unified Communications solution along with Cisco IP-PBX 6.1 .
    we also have The Cisco® Unified IP Phone 7985G http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps379/ps6564/product_data_sheet0900aecd8030e546.html

which offers Audio and Video calls between users , these sets support  :

Signaling protocol support

The phone offers Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) support.

Codec support

G.711, G.729ab, and G722 audio compression codecs are available.

I have recently implemented OCS 2007 R2 and i have already Polycom Video conference solution and i know that there is an integration between Polycom and OCS so that you can register the Polycom endpoints as SIP users inside the ocmmunicator client .

can we do the same with the CIsco 7985G , is there any transcoder hardware that can integrate the Skinny protocol SCCP to the OCS SIP so that Cisco Users can join OCS conferences using their IP Phones ?
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:14 AM

All replies

• Natively, that is not supported... Cisco IP Phones directly to OCS. However, you can setup the OCS CWA R2 along with your Pool server to dial into OCS conferences from ANY phone! Tandberg and Polycom are working on their H.323-SIP gateways, but I don't know about a skinny-SIP gateway.
    Jim Raymond - DynTek
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:45 AM