Form freezes (hangs up) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a couple of our PCs that seem to freeze when processing 2-3 leads.  I found a fix for this. 

CRM Screens freeze- Stuck
    Try to open CRM Form usually edit.aspx page with a few iframes.

in some cases screen Stuck.

The reason for that is internet explorer Settings.
    The default connection for internet explorer is two. It means the main form
    request data + one of the iframes then other iframes wait.. this problem
    Causes CRM to be freeze.

Solution:
    Change the default values:
    Open register page:
    1. Go to start - > run and Type regedit:
    2. Define MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server and MaxConnectionsPerServer like the
    following example

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet
    Settings] MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server = dword: 0000000a
    MaxConnectionsPerServer = dword: 0000000a

here is the link:  http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-help/74932-crm-4-0-forms-hanging-some-users.html

It seemed to work for a few days, but the same computer is back freezing the way it was.  I even upped the number from 10 to 20.

Does anyone know what could possibly causing this?  Especially how to fix it?

We are in our slow period, so to get this fixed before our busy time would be great!!

Thanks for your help!!!

Eddi Rae

Monday, July 26, 2010 7:41 PM

Answers

• Some users have experienced issues due to virus protection.  Add CRM to the virus protection Excluded list or whatever list is available to ensure it is not scanning CRM delivered web pages. 

In addition to the above, ensure the user has all the lastest Windows updates by visiting the Windows Update site.  You should include Office and OS updates.  Don't select just the High Priority Updates.  Include Recommended and Optional updates as well.  You can exclude language packs and other updates that you know are not applicable. 

I had one user with this issue, and I suggested additional memory for the computer.  I made the suggestion because when I opened the Task Manager and watched the memory usage when opening non-CRM web pages, the memory spiked which was causing some slow downs.  The user's machine required more memory to run the existing applications so when CRM was opened, it would hang and appear to freeze.  The increased memory improved the situation.

Regards, Donna

Friday, August 6, 2010 6:28 PM
  • I think this is the real issue.  In the Event Viewer, you will find an error for the below

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 16387
    Date: 2009/01/26
    Time: 11:41:54 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: CRMSERVER
    Description: Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=CleanupInactiveWorkflowAssembliesProcedure For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The link below explains what is going on.    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968520

In my AsyncOperationBase table, I have almost 7 million records that need to be deleted!!!  We are in the process of cleaning them out to see if this is the true issue.

I will keep you posted.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, August 13, 2010 4:26 PM
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:07 PM

All replies

• Great Info, I have had this issue. The best way I have seen to correct IE issues that are only occuring for some users machines is to reset IE.

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset

Please NOTE: This will bring IE back to its default state

• Marked as answer by EddiRaeM Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by EddiRaeM Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:32 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 7:47 PM
  • I will try this and let you know the results

Thanks!!

Eddi Rae

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:19 PM
  • I removed the original fix and implemented this yesterday and everything is still working fine. 

If this becomes an issue, I will let you know.

Thanks for all your help

Eddi Rae

• Proposed as answer by sixty4 Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:56 PM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:19 PM
  • The user, today had her computer freeze on MS CRM.  This did not fix the issue.

Should I contact Microsoft and open a ticket?

Thanks!!

Eddi Rae

Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:33 PM
  • Some users have experienced issues due to virus protection.  Add CRM to the virus protection Excluded list or whatever list is available to ensure it is not scanning CRM delivered web pages. 

In addition to the above, ensure the user has all the lastest Windows updates by visiting the Windows Update site.  You should include Office and OS updates.  Don't select just the High Priority Updates.  Include Recommended and Optional updates as well.  You can exclude language packs and other updates that you know are not applicable. 

I had one user with this issue, and I suggested additional memory for the computer.  I made the suggestion because when I opened the Task Manager and watched the memory usage when opening non-CRM web pages, the memory spiked which was causing some slow downs.  The user's machine required more memory to run the existing applications so when CRM was opened, it would hang and appear to freeze.  The increased memory improved the situation.

Regards, Donna

Friday, August 6, 2010 6:28 PM
  • I think this is the real issue.  In the Event Viewer, you will find an error for the below

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 16387
    Date: 2009/01/26
    Time: 11:41:54 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: CRMSERVER
    Description: Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=CleanupInactiveWorkflowAssembliesProcedure For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

The link below explains what is going on.    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968520

In my AsyncOperationBase table, I have almost 7 million records that need to be deleted!!!  We are in the process of cleaning them out to see if this is the true issue.

I will keep you posted.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, August 13, 2010 4:26 PM
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:07 PM
  • Ok thank you.  It is interesting that this would affect only a couple of users as the async table issue usually affects server performance which affects everyone.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:26 PM