locked
Ribbon custom script strange error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have avascript function in a specific WebResource

    I have modified the Lead ribbon adding a button who run my custom function

    If I click the button the function run well but when I close the form I get an error:

    Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents

    <CrmScriptErrorReport>
      <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion>
      <ScriptErrorDetails>
       <Message>Syntax error</Message>
       <Line>1</Line>
       <URL>/userdefined/edit.aspx?_gridType=4&etc=4&id=%7b<Entity Id>%7d&pagemode=iframe&preloadcache=<preloadcacheNumber>&rskey=<rskeyNumebr></URL>
       <PageURL>/userdefined/edit.aspx?_gridType=4&etc=4&id=%7b<Entity Id>%7d&pagemode=iframe&preloadcache=<preloadcacheNumber>&rskey=<rskeyNumebr></PageURL>
       <Function></Function>
       <CallStack>
       </CallStack>
      </ScriptErrorDetails>
      <ClientInformation>
       <BrowserUserAgent>Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)</BrowserUserAgent>
       <BrowserLanguage>en-US</BrowserLanguage>
       <SystemLanguage>it-IT</SystemLanguage>
       <UserLanguage>it-IT</UserLanguage>
       <ScreenResolution>1366x768</ScreenResolution>
       <ClientName>Web</ClientName>
       <ClientTime>2013-06-27T12:24:04</ClientTime>
      </ClientInformation>
      <ServerInformation>
        <OrgLanguage>1033</OrgLanguage>
        <OrgCulture>1033</OrgCulture>
        <UserLanguage>1033</UserLanguage>
        <UserCulture>1033</UserCulture>
        <OrgID><Org ID></OrgID>
        <UserID><User ID></UserID>
        <CRMVersion>5.0.9690.3448</CRMVersion>
      </ServerInformation>
    </CrmScriptErrorReport>

    If I don't click my button no error was generated.

    I have tried with a simple script (just alert('Hello world')) and I get the same error

    If I debug with IE 10 Developer toolbar the debugger stop at the first character of the page

    The only error I see is in the IE 10 Developer toolbar whit Network capture enable. The sistem do this get call:

    Request GET /<OrgName>/userdefined/<Web Resource> HTTP/1.1

    and receive this error:

    Response HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

    But the <Web Resource> is correct and the script run and work!

    Lso


    LSo Lorenzo Soncini Trento TN - Italy

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:29 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Undo your ribbon changes and checks if this occurs else there might be some error in the ribbondiff XML.

    Hope it helps,

    Yusuf


    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Mohammad Yusuf Ansari http://microxrm.blogspot.in

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:05 PM