none
The window won't resize so I can see all of it - so I can't access some commands.

Question

• I appreciate the new version - the previous one didn't work on my new computer. (Windows 8.1 64 bit). But I find this one seems to assume a better monitor than I have. The window at full screen is larger than the monitor so I can't access things. I try to resize it, but while I get the resizing arrows when I put the cursor over the window edge, they won't resize. Shouldn't all windows programs be able to resize with scroll bars to navigate? This one doesn't seem to.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 5:30 AM

Answers

• This problem is fixed in the latest update (ICE version 2.0.3).  If your desktop resolution is smaller than ICE's usual minimum window size (because of a small monitor or a high DPI setting), ICE will now allow the window to be smaller. Options on the right that used to be off-screen can now be accessed by scrolling vertically.

Please download the latest version from the ICE home page (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/), or simply run ICE and agree to download the update.

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:41 PM

All replies

• We'll have a fix for this issue soon.  Thanks for the feedback!

Friday, February 20, 2015 10:40 PM
  • Same Issue for me. But I am running in portrait and it won't scale to a single 1050x1680 display. I just scale it over to another monitor but it would be nice if it all fit on a single screen.
    Sunday, February 22, 2015 4:28 PM
  • ICE 2's minimum resolution is 1120x770 when Windows' PPI/DPI setting is set to 100% (96 PPI/DPI).

Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:14 PM
  • This problem is fixed in the latest update (ICE version 2.0.3).  If your desktop resolution is smaller than ICE's usual minimum window size (because of a small monitor or a high DPI setting), ICE will now allow the window to be smaller. Options on the right that used to be off-screen can now be accessed by scrolling vertically.

Please download the latest version from the ICE home page (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/), or simply run ICE and agree to download the update.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:41 PM
  • Is there a way to get rid of the blue bar at the top. My resolution is 1920x1080 and the blue bar hides parts of the top of the commands in the window and options to the top on the right menu. I can't resize to get it out of the way or identify a way to move it.

Thanks

Sunday, September 6, 2015 6:50 PM