MAC client for Office Communication Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I've installed the Office Communication Server 2007 Public Beta, but in my environment, there are a few MAC clients that I want to connect.  So far, I haven't found any for a MAC client.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 2:39 PM

Answers

• For OCS 2007 MAC users will only see IM and Presence. They can use Communicator Web Access or Mac Messenger 5.x and higher.

You can get the Mac Messenger here:

https://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/misc/messenger60_download.xml&secid=35&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=True

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Thom, thank you for the link.

I tried to import the certificate but i get this error. 

Microsoft Messenger cannot sign you in:

Either the date and time settings are incorrect, or the digital certificate file is not valid or installed on your computer.  If date and time are correct, see your network administrator to verify that your digital certificate file is valid and installed.

I've installed this certificate on other client without any problems.

Any thought on this one?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:13 PM

All replies

• For OCS 2007 MAC users will only see IM and Presence. They can use Communicator Web Access or Mac Messenger 5.x and higher.

You can get the Mac Messenger here:

https://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/download/misc/messenger60_download.xml&secid=35&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=True

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Thom, thank you for the link.

I tried to import the certificate but i get this error. 

Microsoft Messenger cannot sign you in:

Either the date and time settings are incorrect, or the digital certificate file is not valid or installed on your computer.  If date and time are correct, see your network administrator to verify that your digital certificate file is valid and installed.

I've installed this certificate on other client without any problems.

Any thought on this one?

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:13 PM
  • Hi everybody..

Microsoft is coming with office 2008 for the Mac in January. Does any of you know if Office Communicator is included?

Cheers,

Thomas
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:36 PM
  • Just wanted to post an update to this thread.  I just had a video/audio conversation via Federation with a remote party who was on the latest version (7) of the Mac Messenger.  So it now supports more than just IM/Presence with OCS.  Pretty slick.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:08 PM
  • MAC Messenger works great with OCS.. read more about it in the following post....

http://forums.microsoft.com/unifiedcommunications/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3085152&SiteID=57
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:42 PM
  • Sunday, June 8, 2008 9:18 PM