Mouse problems and copy/paste problems using remote desktop. RRS feed

• Question

•  I used remote desktop to connect from a new HP quad core machine with Vista Home Premium and a wireless mouse to an old Gateway (Dec 2001) machine running Vista Ultimate.  My first problem was that when I went to click on icons, I could not get the cursor to line up on the icon when I pointed at it.  I had to move the mouse down and to right from where the icon was to get the "click" to work.  In the end I ended up using the keyboard (also wireless) to move the cursor.

Second, copy/paste did not seem to work when I highlighted a folder (which had subfolders and files underneath it), copied from the old machine to the new. 

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Lenh51,

The problem you're encountering with the mouse sounds like it might be the same one reported in this thread.  If so, would you mind logging in to Connect and voting on this bug (the bug ID is in the forum post)?  (If not, please go ahead and submit a new bug report with your logs attached.  Instructions for submitting a bug with logs are below.)

As for the second issue, unfortunately copy/paste functionality from a remote machine to a host machine is not yet available.  Please feel free to add this functionality to our Wish List sticky thread, though.  :)

Thanks,

Ben.

------------------------------------------------

To submit a bug with your logs attached:

Please go to http://connect.microsoft.com/. Sign in and then select Live Mesh Tech Preview on Your Dashboard.  Click Feedback and follow the instructions for collecting your logs and then submit a bug.

To get your logs:

1.  Click Start.
    2.  Select All Programs and look for the Live Mesh folder.
    3.  Click
    Collect Live Mesh Logs.
    4.  Your logs will be bundled together in a cab file now located on your desktop.

Attach your LiveMeshLogs.cab file located on your desktop to your bug.

Note: you will have to submit a bug first, then edit it to attach your logs.        

If you do not have access to the Live Mesh Connect site, you can email your logs to lmprev@microsoft.com.  Please provide as much information about your issue as you can in that email.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:44 PM