none
Cannot post reply to thread RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to post a reply to a thread I get an error messge indicating that a server error occurred. This only happens on one thread, I have tried multiple broswers to see if that helped to no avail. Any suggestions?

Friday, January 7, 2011 4:54 PM

Answers

• It may be a broken thread (some bad characters broke it). I have a case like this also. See it reported few messages bellow - that thread I reported was fixed and someone tried to post a reply and broke it second time.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, January 7, 2011 6:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please provide us the link of the thread that you are trying to reply, we will investigate this issue further.

Have a great day !

Shrikant Maske, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:34 AM

All replies

• It may be a broken thread (some bad characters broke it). I have a case like this also. See it reported few messages bellow - that thread I reported was fixed and someone tried to post a reply and broke it second time.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, January 7, 2011 6:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please provide us the link of the thread that you are trying to reply, we will investigate this issue further.

Have a great day !

Shrikant Maske, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:34 AM
  • Hi,

Have a great day !

Agreed. We can't do anything without a link to check it out. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:45 AM