none
.NET Accessibility RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Is there anyway to force a Screen Reader to read non UI Text?  I have an application that runs as a PowerPoint Add in, and there are multiple shapes that are updated by non user generated changes. I would like to simply be able to create a shortcut that would read the current status of those various elements. I can't figure out a way to do that through the accessibility or UI Automation APIs.  As a last resort I could have it read through the speech to text code, but I'd prefer to go through the screen reader if possible.  Any clues on whether this can be done? and if so how?

Thanks,

Todd Horrell

Senior Software Engineer

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:22 AM
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Todd Horrell,

For this problem, which technology do you use?

This forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, but I think your issue is not related to winform, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at corresponding forums.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 5:49 AM