any way to remove / disable from OCS disabled AD accounts RRS feed

• Question

•  

In our organisation when a staff member leaves their account gets disabled in Active Directory - but having done this these users accounts remain in OCS until somebody cleans them up.

Is there any way to automatically remove / disable user accounts from OCS if their AD account has expired or been disabled?

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:03 AM

Answers

• That's not possible, you must delete the account if you want to automatically remove it from OCS

Deli

Sunday, October 21, 2007 10:45 PM

All replies

• That's not possible, you must delete the account if you want to automatically remove it from OCS

Deli

Sunday, October 21, 2007 10:45 PM
  • Ok thanks for that Deli - guess we'll just have to go and manually update every couple of weeks

Monday, October 22, 2007 8:33 PM
  •  

I kind of have the same issue, except in my organization, we delete the user from OCS, however, in the Address Book Search, you can still find the disabled Active Directory Account, is there anyway to prevent this?  I found that the ones still showing up had phone numbers, so I have deleted the phones numbers and have ran abserver -regenUR and abserver -syncNow, countless times, but they still show up.

Thanks Josh

Monday, August 25, 2008 12:37 PM
  • Any chance that the msRTCSIP-Line contains still the phone number?

You can check this with ADSIEDIT.MSC and open the userobject

Monday, August 25, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Nope, when i checked it, is says "<not set>"

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 1:52 PM
  • Try to delete the Addressbook cache on the client and sync again to see if appears again in the addressbook

Delete everything in this location C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:46 PM
  • Nope, still appears.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:36 PM