Problem With Connector Software RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed a new WHS system. When I go to install the connector software I get the following errors:
    Using the software provided on the CD "HTTP status 500: An unexpected condition prevented the server from fulfilling the request."
    Trying to copy the software "Error 0x8007048F: The device is not connected"
    I get this when I try to copy the Home Server Connector Software folder (or software inside of it) that is in the Shared Folder\Software folder. I have tried to copy it from there to even it's own local desktop and I still get the same error. I can connect to the system and browse to the folder and I see the software. I also gave full permissions to everyone just to see if that was the problem but no joy.

When I have looked online I have seen people have this error but it always seems like their problem is that the folder or software is missing and then the recommendation is a full reinstall. That does not appear to be my problem so I am hoping there is another solution.

Thank you.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 6:49 PM

Answers

• I just installed a new WHS system. When I go to install the connector software I get the following errors:
    Using the software provided on the CD "HTTP status 500: An unexpected condition prevented the server from fulfilling the request."
    I get this when I try to copy the Home Server Connector Software folder (or software inside of it) that is in the Shared Folder\Software folder. I have tried to copy it from there to even it's own local desktop and I still get the same error. I can connect to the system and browse to the folder and I see the software. I also gave full permissions to everyone just to see if that was the problem but no joy.

When I have looked online I have seen people have this error but it always seems like their problem is that the folder or software is missing and then the recommendation is a full reinstall. That does not appear to be my problem so I am hoping there is another solution.

Thank you.
    Can you open the Console from the server desktop?  If so, are there any errors there?  What about the event logs on the server?  Are you able to open files stored in other shares?  Have you tried running chkdsk /r on each drive in the server (see the FAQ post:  How to check all the drives in your server for errors for details on how to do that).
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:18 PM

All replies

Thank you.
    Can you open the Console from the server desktop?  If so, are there any errors there?  What about the event logs on the server?  Are you able to open files stored in other shares?  Have you tried running chkdsk /r on each drive in the server (see the FAQ post:  How to check all the drives in your server for errors for details on how to do that).
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 7:18 PM
  • Sorry, I should have mentioned that I was able to do normal copying and pasting with some other files and folders. I will check the console from the server desktop and get back to you.
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 9:07 PM