Money 2003 problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Money since upgrading to Windows 10 until yesterday when I had a Windows update. Now, I cannot access Money. I get the following error message "Money cannot locate 'C:\program files (x86)\Microsoft money\backup' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected".  I have checked the program files x86 and I cannot see any data or backup files there. There are money files in my documents but they won't restore, they just give me the option to create a new account.  I always backup to a USB stick, but if I try to restore from there, I get the message it is corrupt or not a money backup file. 

Does anyone have any ideas how to overcome this?  Thanks

Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:59 PM

All replies

• In Tools->Options->Backup, change the backup file location to a place that exists on the new computer. Rather than typing the path, I suggest that you Browse to your Documents folder and choose a filename.

Note that Money 2003 does not make multiple backups. So you should manually take steps to keep multiple vintages of your backup files. Don't have a problem and let Money back up that problem over your only backup file.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 4:54 AM