Outside Voice Control - How Does It Work? RRS feed

• Question

• My understanding was that after deploying OCS 2007 R2 and updating our mobile clients to Communicator R2, when calls come into a Response Group Queue, Communicator Mobile would provide a prompt to the cell user to determine if the user wants to accept the call. If the callee chooses to accept the call, OCS would then route the call out the PSTN to the mobile phone.

Is this not right? It seems that when callers call in and get placed in a queue, Communicator Mobile users get no notification at all that a call is ringing through to them.

Ideas/tips/pointers?
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Since COMO don’t support "voip" and relay on the pstn network you will have to configure dual forking or something so that the call gets transferred to the user’s cell when someone calls or simultaneous ringing, this is basically the same as what you ask for but one less step since the user gets a call, and accept or reject (call details can be posted by MOC into Outlook for info about the calls). So I don’t really see why you want the extra step of information being sent over the data channel to the phone just to see that a call is coming for you. Other than it’s just a cool feature so I hope it will come together with ip calls over 3g

Regards

Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:01 PM
  • Nolanga

While it is possible to use simultaneous ring for calls to a user, this will not occur for "agents" in a response group.  Response groups are configured to not allow simultaneous ringing.  There is a great article on this here:
    http://communicationsserverteam.com/archive/2009/07/16/Response_Group.aspx

Hope this helps!

-kp
    Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 10:51 PM