Downloading the Restore CD iso RRS feed

• Question

• I had some difficultiy initially in downloading WHS RC 2011 but eventually found that I could download the individual iso rather than downloading both the main program and the restore iso together.  I downloaded the main iso last weekend, installed it,  and all appears to be running sweetly.  I thought I would check the restore now.  For that purpose I revisited the same page to attempt to download the Restore CD Iso (EN-US_WHS_PREM_RestoreCD.iso) but I keep getting the message below .

Page Not Found

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it.

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail: d6e78edc-11f9-4cb5-bc3d-88852959677e

I understand that I need the file to restore my connected pcs - is this correct and if so, where can I get it?

Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:51 AM

All replies

• On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 02:51:08 +0000, Tomg1684 wrote:

I understand that I need the file to restore my connected pcs - is this correct and if so, where can I get it?

The product was released to manufacturing this week which means the
    beta/release candidate testing is over and as such, downloads were removed
    from the Connect web site so it looks like you're out of luck here.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whsvailbeta/thread/2dce3c5d-adf8-4dac-ab9d-a449686a0d11#2dce3c5d-adf8-4dac-ab9d-a449686a0d11

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    One person's error is another person's data.

Saturday, April 2, 2011 4:22 AM
  • Well that is a rather diappointing turn of events!  Roll on the release I say.
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 4:40 AM
  • Well that is a rather diappointing turn of events!  Roll on the release I say.
    There is still hope for you.  You can create a restore USB key from the dashboard.  It does not work for cd's but a usb flash key is just as good.  Open the dashboard and click on the computers and backup tab. On the right side of the dashboard window click on the additional client computer backup tasks link.  When the window opens click the tools tab.  At the bottom of that window, click the create key button, and your on your way.  Follow the directions, and you will be good to go.

D.W.
    • Proposed as answer by dlwilliams12 Sunday, April 3, 2011 12:11 AM
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 4:20 PM