none
WHS Recovery failed on HP EX470 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to perform a Server Recovery on a HP EX470 using the Recovery Disc with no luck. I get past the EULA and the screen instructing on removale of software and preping of the EX470. When I click next I immediately get the following dialog box and error:

WHS Recovery has stopped working

Any one have any ideas? I have been running WHS successfully for over a year and the reason that I need to reinstall is due to a botched McAfee installation when trying to renew the software.

Client computer is Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Router is a Linksys WRT600N flashed with DD-wrt v24

Thanks.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 2:21 AM

Answers

• I submitted a bug on Connect and provided the client tool kit CAB number. I am running the McAfee Security center provided by Comcast.
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:34 PM

All replies

• I am trying to perform a Server Recovery on a HP EX470 using the Recovery Disc with no luck. I get past the EULA and the screen instructing on removale of software and preping of the EX470. When I click next I immediately get the following dialog box and error:

WHS Recovery has stopped working

Any one have any ideas? I have been running WHS successfully for over a year and the reason that I need to reinstall is due to a botched McAfee installation when trying to renew the software.

Client computer is Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Router is a Linksys WRT600N flashed with DD-wrt v24

Thanks.

Perhaps it can't find your server at all.  Are you able to ping your server (either by name or by IP address)?  Also, TBH, you should contact HP for support.  After all, it's their responsibility to support their product.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 2:25 AM
  • Thank you for the replay Kariya21. I can ping the machine by IP address. When I check the router status the server shows up as minint-<some random name>. I have been working on this with HP and sent them a log of the ToolKit output. I have not heard from them yet so I was hoping someone may have run into this already.
    Friday, April 10, 2009 12:53 PM
  • Thank you for the replay Kariya21. I can ping the machine by IP address. When I check the router status the server shows up as minint-<some random name>. I have been working on this with HP and sent them a log of the ToolKit output. I have not heard from them yet so I was hoping someone may have run into this already.

In Vista under Start>Control Panel> Problems Reports and Solutions, there should be a report of this crash.  Can you file a bug on Connect and provide the client tool kit CAB number that you supplied to HP, the information from Problems Reports and Solutions including the bucket ID and any files in the report and your steps to reproduce? Also, please include information regarding any third party AV/firewall products that may be running on the client machine.

Thank you
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Friday, April 10, 2009 3:25 PM
  • I submitted a bug on Connect and provided the client tool kit CAB number. I am running the McAfee Security center provided by Comcast.
    Saturday, April 11, 2009 3:34 PM