Product Key not working RRS feed

• Question

• So I was lazy and did not set every thing up when i first baught the computer a couple weeks ago. Now the wall paper will not stay, and it says 'This copy of windows is not genuin' in the right bottom corner. I have tried putting the product code that is on the sticker, that is on the computer, into the box to validate it a bunch of time. but it says my key is not genuin. I bought the computer from Walmart, and I seem it unlikely Walmart is selling illigal computers. So I need some help.

I have read a few of these threads, and have done the dianagstaic thing. but it will not copy and paste it, or anything, to show you. So I dont know what wrong with it. I will try to just write it all out, if that helps?  

And to note, the last numbers on the Product Key, on the report, do not math the product key, that is on the sticker. If thatmeans any thing?

So please help!

Validation Code: 50

Product Key: *****_*****-74xym-bh4jx-xm76f

Product Key Hash: keYfcvXg/a1Q01x73+f8IL/JC4y=

Produt ID: 00359-112-0000007-85759

ID: {98E458o7-4C6o-499a-84a8-1bo88859c094}(3)

Admin: Yes

TestCab: 0x0

LegitcheckControl: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Product Name: Windows & Home Premium

Architecture & Build: 0x00000009      7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850

ITS Error: N/A

Validation Diagnostic:

Resolution Status: N/A

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to post the entire contents of the report in order to get an accurate analysis
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:33 PM
  • (don't need any more, in this case, Kamin! :)  - at least for the initial diagnosis)

The Product Key in use is the Default Key - and can never be activated.

For which version and edition of Windows is the COA sticker valid?

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:37 PM
  • What is the specific make and model number of your new PC?

Carey Frisch

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:04 PM
  • Computer: CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA250 Desktop PC

On the COA it says its for 'Windows 7 Home Prem'. Then under that is a white box which says, Cyberpower Inc, then a barcode. Then under that is another white box, which has the Product key.

And im not able to paste, any thing, what so ever into this text box. I can every whereelse.justnot in here.

• Edited by Kolinko Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 10:56 PM
  • Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:27 AM