I need a PCI (not PCI-e) card that will work with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed WHS on my computer but none of the network cards I have will work with it.  I tried to purchase a nec card that is listed in WHS but they all seem to be outdated.  Can someone tell me the name of an inexpensive PCI (not PCI-e) nic I can purchase for my server - thank you!!!
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:08 PM

Answers

• I expect people not to ask to be spoon-fed information that they can (trivially) obtain for themselves, true. In today's society, my attitude is often seen as rude. This says more about the inquisitiveness and sense of entitlement of today's society than it does about me...

There is (as I recall, I don't have a server running that card in-house ATM) no in-box driver support for that NIC. But you can easily install solid Windows Server 2003 drivers for it, so it's a non-issue.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Garnoc Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:15 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:37 PM

All replies

• I like Intel NICs, like this one.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:24 PM
  • Have you used this nic in a WHS?  Also this is a low profile card - does it come in a standard hight? 
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:35 PM
  • That NIC is available in both low profile and standard height versions (as you could learn for yourself at the cost of a couple of mouse clicks on the NewEgg web site), and yes I've used it in servers.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:57 PM
  • (as you could learn for yourself at the cost of a couple of mouse clicks on the NewEgg web site),  

No need to be rude - I was just asking....

and yes I've used it in servers.

but I was inquiring specifically about WHS as there seems to be limited support out there - but please don't answer - I don't like rudeness.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:59 PM
  • I expect people not to ask to be spoon-fed information that they can (trivially) obtain for themselves, true. In today's society, my attitude is often seen as rude. This says more about the inquisitiveness and sense of entitlement of today's society than it does about me...

There is (as I recall, I don't have a server running that card in-house ATM) no in-box driver support for that NIC. But you can easily install solid Windows Server 2003 drivers for it, so it's a non-issue.

• Marked as answer by Garnoc Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:15 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:37 PM