Installing Data Migration Managment Tool problems RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I tried to install the DMM on my PC with SQL Express version. The aim is to link it to a 64bit Windows 2008 server. In the deployment the CRM Application server is different then the SQL application server (SQL 2008 64 bit). It is not an option to run it on the SQL Server due to internal policities.

I know that the installation user has to local admin (I guess on the pc, right) and system admin on the CRM Server. This is fine.

When I try to sign in I always receive the error: "The Data Migration Manager encountered an error while setting up the temporary migration database. Restart the Data Migration Manager, and then try migrating the data again"

I checked the solution at http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/f/b/efb71b2d-5b70-470a-94a1-0260e460e437/Microsoft_Dynamics_CRM_4.0_Data_Migration_Manager_Readme.htm but I don't have the mentioned UserRegistrationID REgistry Key Entry (checked at the correct place!).

I tryied several times reinstalling with other users (even with CRM isntallation user) and did not work! I also spent hours to look-up a solution on the web .

Could anybody give me a hint or maybe a scenario what should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 6:56 AM

Answers

• Hi

I found out that there is an issue with the connection to the SQL server.

It works fine:

Local admin on the PC and system admin in CRM and SQL Express

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:03 PM

All replies

• Can it be the fact that I use CRM 3.0 outlook client on my machine? (Turned off during using the DMM)

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:23 AM
  • I tried it and not working
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 10:09 AM
  • Hi

I found out that there is an issue with the connection to the SQL server.

It works fine:

Local admin on the PC and system admin in CRM and SQL Express

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:03 PM