When can I expect the Win XP Key to be e-mailed to me? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I placed an order on Friday 6th Apr and have still not received my cd key. I had an e-mail confirming the order. It is now tues 10th April and still nothing.

I e-mailed direct-mar@msdirectservices.com asking the same  question this morning and got an auto reply.
    Many thanks for your query. 

Due to the current high demand, delays in processing your queries may
    occur. We will take care of your request as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Microsoft Direct Services
    Come on Microsoft I could have bought a boxed copy of XP home by now if I realised it would take this long, It is only because there is no option on the order progress screen to cancel that I have not cancelled the order and pourchased another copy from Amazon.

Can someone please advise me how I can get this order completed.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:28 PM

Answers

• It worked!! I now have a working and legal copy of Win XP.

Thanks for your help guys!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:10 PM

All replies

• Not,

Maybe they don't work on weekends.

Just to be safe, check your spam/junk folders in case the email with the PK was placed in there.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:44 PM
  • Thanks for that.

The conformations came back in US time, so I assumed the e-mail would be coming from there and not the UK so the bank holiday should not have been an issue.

I guess I'll just have to wait and stare at my lifeless new PC until the key comes through. Next time I'll order it from Amazon and get it next day.
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:00 PM
  • Not-another-name:

Did you order from the UK? What is your order number? I'll look it up directly and contact you via the information you placed your order with.

-phil

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:35 PM
  • Hmm ! tatz odd
    MS usually responds very promptly
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:52 PM
  • Phil
    My Order Number: 01130013939443

I assume it was the UK, the price was in GBP, I followed the link from the MS Update site after it told me my copy of windows was invalid to place my order

Thanks
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:18 PM
  • I now have my xp product key

However because the time period has expired for activation i cannot install the MS KeyupdateTool and when I call telephone activation the computer voice tells me to contact my retailer. Any ideas how I can activate, do I have to format and re-install (I tried repair from the install disk and that did not work)
    Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:34 PM
  • It should ask you to enter in a product key when you boot up for Activation. Does it not? What is the messaging you see?

-phil

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:01 PM
  • I get the screen asking for the key, but it then says the key is not valid.

I have formatted and now in the process of re-installing windows. I will not activate it but run then WGA tool first and see what happens.

I will post the results.

Thanks

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:10 PM
  • It worked!! I now have a working and legal copy of Win XP.

Thanks for your help guys!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:10 PM