none
Score not Updating Correctly RRS feed

Answers

• If you answered quickly and the OP confirmed, you get 20 points. If you answered quickly and someone else (not OP) marked, you get 15 points. If you didn't answer quickly and OP confirmed, you get 15 points. If you didn't answer quickly and someone else (not OP) marked, you get 10 points.

I get these numbers by simple observation of points increment.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:47 AM

All replies

• I may be wrong but I thought 10 points were awarded for answers and 15 points awarded when an answer was provided quickly.  Therefore, you may have answered quickly for the first two (15 x 2 = 30) and answered quickly on one of the second two (15 + 10 = 25) 

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:45 AM
  • Hi,

Now confused a bit about the forum answers points calculation even in a FAQ there is not exact information vailable regarding the answer points calculation. I am clear that now there are not points awarded for posting a reply and for a Helpful Post 5 pointsw will be awarded but how are the answers point score is calculating, i thought it is still same 20 points per answer.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:32 AM
  • It's never been 20 points per answer. It used to be 10. I thin Jeff is about right on this, in the coming months we'll provide a more granular breakdown while we keep an eye on how things are going and consider making minor adjustments.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:35 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Brent,

Now i understand thats why my points are calculating like this but my quesiton was to make myself clear how the answers points are rewarding but still i am not clear, please share if you a list of points calculation table and tell me are Achievments also linked with the points claculation? if yes then how?

I think there there is less information available about the new reconnition system, including:

1. No Points Calculation Table ( i still do not know, how they are calculating )

2. How Achievments are claculated what are their requirements? i.e. how many answeres with code are required for Gold Coin - Code Answerer III Achievment

3. Including now there is no way to see if i have answered how many total questionshe

4. There should be a seperate page in forum showing top contributons in past 30 days with detail information, not should have to wait for stats rotator to show Top Answerers in 30 Days.

Unmarking Answer Reason: I did umark answer because need few more clarifications.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".

• Edited by Jehanzeb.Javeed Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:29 AM Unmarking Answer Reason:
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:12 AM
  • If you answered quickly and the OP confirmed, you get 20 points. If you answered quickly and someone else (not OP) marked, you get 15 points. If you didn't answer quickly and OP confirmed, you get 15 points. If you didn't answer quickly and someone else (not OP) marked, you get 10 points.

I get these numbers by simple observation of points increment.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:47 AM
  • Thanks for the info Naomi.
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, August 12, 2011 3:36 AM