CRM 2011 Single Server Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install CRM 2011 on-premise on a single server with

* Windows Small Business Server 2008 Premium
    * Server is also our AD server
    * It needs to be and IFD which will require ADFS

I have tried this for weeks but ran into many problems. Some of them have been solved but it was really frustrating and I gave up some months ago. However, I want to give it another shot. I did a lot of research at that time but only found bits and pieces. This type of setup scenario must be quite common for smaller companies. So does anybody know of some complete step-by-step tutorial or something else that could help.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Hfaun,

You might have already come across this in your research, but the official place to start is the Microsoft CRM 2011  implementation guide http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=3621. This gives detailed information about planning & installing CRM 2011 in both standard and more complex set ups. It will also list unsupported arrangements. I'm pretty sure installing on the AD server is unsupported, but this doesn't mean it won't work necessarily  - it just means Microsoft won't support you if the installation has problems.

If you still run into problems and you are able to, I'd recommend spinning up a virtual server to host the CRM application, so you are not installing on the AD server.

Paul Dowman, CRM Developer

• Edited by Paul Dowman Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:52 AM clarity
    • Proposed as answer by Khaja Mohiddin Friday, December 2, 2011 12:12 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 9:51 AM