none
wsusutil.exe fails to create metadata even after hotfix is applied. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I have setup a wsus server and applied the hotfix suggested in http://blogs.technet.com/b/wsus/archive/2013/04/09/problem-solved-the-wsus-export-bug.aspx and still I am not able to generate the metadata using wsusutil.exe. 

Any one had a luck in doing so ? If yes ,kindly tell me what should be done. ( machine is windows server 2003 with KB2828185 installed and .net 4.0) 

thanks & regards,

~ Rudresh

Friday, January 9, 2015 5:56 AM

All replies

• Also, I have observed that earlier ( before hotfix )  metadata contains \<\> ( angled brackets) where as after applying the hotfix , the metadata contains '&LT' and '&GT' . That means somewhere in hotfix , something was changed which is causing this character representation of angled braces. Its not an issue as such but it results in a big size of metadata. 

I wrote an application to remove the character representation of angled braces and replace them with actual braces and it reduced the size to 1 3rd. 

I was just wondering  if anyone can look into that part and see if actual angled braces can be generated, it will help in reducing the metadata file size and therefore solve the problem.

waiting for some replies to this post.  :-)

thanks & regards, 

~ Rudresh

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 10:56 AM