CRM 2015 Online worflow "perform action", Required field 'Target' is missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am including an Action in a workflow from "Perform Action" in step menu in a workflow.  The action is to return a specific country entity according to an input argument of two-digit country code.  After triggering the workflow, then check  System Jobs, it always errors out with a message "Required field 'Target' is missing".

The Action has an input parameter of two-digit country code (string), an output parameter of Country (EntityReference).  Configuring Action in workflow, besides two-digit country code, it asks for Target (lookup).  I do not know what this Target is asking for.  I passed Lead (Country), or Country (Country), however, it always returns "Required field 'Target' is missing" error.

Does anyone know how to use "Perform Action" in workflow?  Thanks

Monday, September 28, 2015 9:15 PM

All replies

• Interesting, in CRM Online (2015 Update 1) when creating a workflow I cannot select an Action that has a Target Entity and can only select Actions that were configured with Entity as None (global).  Have you upgraded CRM Online from a previous version 2011/2013?
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 5:23 PM
  • Sorry for delaying the response.  Yes, we are using CRM 2015 Online, with Update 1.  Yes, we can select Action with Target entity.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 7:06 PM
  • How do you assigning the output of the action?

AFAIK to set the output parameter like that you probably need to write a plugin to set the value, sample: http://missdynamicscrm.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/crm-2013-register-custom-action-as.html

Monday, October 5, 2015 7:09 AM
  • Thanks all.  Yes, I ended up with using plugin to meet the request.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:50 PM