Can't run ExchUCUtil.ps1 RRS feed

• Question

• When I run the following command .\exchucutil.ps1 in Exchange management shell, it returns with this error:

Failed to read Communications Server 2007 pool objects. Please verify Communicat
    ions Server 2007 is deployed in this Active Directory forest and you are a membe
    r of the RTCUniversalServerReadOnlyGroup group or have sufficient privilege to r
    ead from this Active Directory container. Additional information follows: The te
    rm '/' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file
    . Verify the term and try again.

Communications Server 2007 is installed and works fine, and I have the right permission.

What can I do to fix this issue?

Regards Frank Nielsen

Wednesday, April 4, 2007 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank - I too saw this issue...for me, the problem came from running the exchucutil script from beta3 againast the public beta. Once I applied Exchasge sp1 and used the script included with sp1, the problem went away. Does any of these scenarios apply to you?
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Frank - I too saw this issue...for me, the problem came from running the exchucutil script from beta3 againast the public beta. Once I applied Exchasge sp1 and used the script included with sp1, the problem went away. Does any of these scenarios apply to you?
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:55 PM
  • The most likely problem is that you are not running it from the Scripts directory.

I saw the same error until I switched.

The VOIP guide (part of the OCS Public Beta Documentation) goes over the steps, and explicitly says to go to the directory.

(The error is happening because the script tires to run Get-UCPool.ps1 which returns the pool, but the call doesn't specify an explicit directory, so it fails to get the pool info which causes the script to fail.)

Cheers.

Steve

Friday, June 22, 2007 4:37 PM