Re: How to retrieve lost password/username at xxxxx.homeserver.net RRS feed

• Question

• when i setup WHS it asked that my login PW be the same so i changed it set up 80% of things and days later i cannot login to the console and my PW has not changed, so i lost it tonight as i don't want to lose everything that i have done, :-(( not happy

Monday, April 14, 2008 4:23 AM

Answers

• Donald, when you set up the connector on the first client PC you joined to your server, you created a password for the console at that time. I'm afraid that, if you've forgotten that password, there's no way to recover it. The only solution is a server recovery (the specifics are in the documentation you received with your server) which will not affect your data. You should be careful not to choose the factory reset option; that will wipe all your installed hard drives.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:01 AM

All replies

• I have gone through a System Recovery which is meant to take 60 mins, so far its 90 mins and still counting..

I have also been asked if i changed the original password of the Console manager, but im not sure. Does the password for the managment screen get created on Install ?, or is there a default one supplied, i have the HP WHM.

Monday, April 14, 2008 1:13 PM
  • Donald, when you set up the connector on the first client PC you joined to your server, you created a password for the console at that time. I'm afraid that, if you've forgotten that password, there's no way to recover it. The only solution is a server recovery (the specifics are in the documentation you received with your server) which will not affect your data. You should be careful not to choose the factory reset option; that will wipe all your installed hard drives.
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:01 AM