none
Is the Bridge Down? RRS feed

• Question

• Is the NNTP Bridge down, or is it just me? I have nothing new since yesterday, but haven't seen anyone else mention a problem.
    Bruce Hagen ~ MS-MVP [Mail]
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Bruce,

I was able to download the newest threads on these forums. Checking with the website for these forums confirms that I got the latest posts from the Bridge.

There was a temporary data center outage last night. Not sure if that had any impact on some of these data propagating slowly.

Could you please also check how your newsreader is configured to display the threads? Sometimes new posts can be hidden because the sort order is different.

Thanks,

Yi,

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Bruce,

A quick smoke test shows that the NNTP Bridge is working for me.

Are you still seeing this issue? Could you let us know which forum you are trying to connect to?

Thanks,

Yi,

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 6:00 PM
  • Hi Bruce,

I was able to download the newest threads on these forums. Checking with the website for these forums confirms that I got the latest posts from the Bridge.

There was a temporary data center outage last night. Not sure if that had any impact on some of these data propagating slowly.

Could you please also check how your newsreader is configured to display the threads? Sometimes new posts can be hidden because the sort order is different.

Thanks,

Yi,

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:24 PM
  • I have my newsreader configured correctly. I am sending and receiving fine in the msnews.microsoft.com groups.

I just got a lot of messages in two of my eight forums downloaded. Nothing in the others.

Checking with other MVPs and find they are having issues as well. Some getting 441 errors.

I know there was recent maintenance, but it is still buggy.

Thanks.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:31 PM
  •  
    Is the NNTP Bridge down, or is it just me? I have nothing new since yesterday, but haven't seen anyone else mention a problem.
    Bruce,

See recent comments on connect nntpbridgediscussion.   Today  Answers IE  was so FUBAR  for me that I reset it.  That helped a bit but it is still missing messages.   However, I don't think it is just the bridge which FUBAR;  the forum itself is not updating properly.   E.g. there are threads in My Threads which acknowledge that I have posted in them but which don't show the post.   Also My Profile is not up-to-date but that just seems to be SOP these days.   I  don't care about the points issue that so many others seem to be in a flap about but I do take exception to seeing some of my work apparently getting lost. However, without access to any diagnostics for either the bridge or the forums it is rather pointless getting too upset about it.  Evidently there is nothing that we can do about it, it is what it is and it does what it does.   ; }

Robert
    ---
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:45 AM
  •  
    "Robert Aldwinckle on forums" wrote in message news:526a44fb-4b3a-4e05-bbc7-564045214f61...

Is the NNTP Bridge down, or is it just me? I have nothing new since yesterday, but haven't seen anyone else mention a problem.
    Bruce,

See recent comments on connect nntpbridgediscussion.   Today  Answers IE  was so FUBAR  for me that I reset it.  That helped a bit but it is still missing messages.   However, I don't think it is just the bridge which FUBAR;  the forum itself is not updating properly.   E.g. there are threads in My Threads which acknowledge that I have posted in them but which don't show the post.   Also My Profile is not up-to-date but that just seems to be SOP these days.   I  don't care about the points issue that so many others seem to be in a flap about but I do take exception to seeing some of my work apparently getting lost. However, without access to any diagnostics for either the bridge or the forums it is rather pointless getting too upset about it.  Evidently there is nothing that we can do about it, it is what it is and it does what it does.   ; }

Robert
    ---

Yep. I see is is all over the place today. This happens all to often and I just hope they figure out how to operate these forums before they kill the newsgroups.

Life was so much easier when the earth was flat. <eg>

~B

Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:54 AM