My Money 2005 using XP RRS feed

• Question

• I did updates on my computer which had not been updated in a while. After words I did and full scan with Microsoft Essential. The next day I tried to get into my money 2005. It would not come up. If I clicked on it again it would tell me it was already opened. I tried everything I could think of and the same results. I did a system restore at three different dates to no avail. I tried in the search to look up My Money 2005 and got a error that said the search did not recognize it. Do you have any idea of what has happened?
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:22 PM

All replies

• First, make sure that you have backups of your .mny file on some external media.

If you open Task Manager, do you see that the process msmoney.exe is running?  If so, does ending that process and then restarting Money help?

Can you open the Sample.mny file?

One thing that may help is to apply the patch described in the first "sticky" in this forum:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/money-plus-bug-and-solution-mnyob99dll?forum=money

When replacing the mnyob99,dll file, be sure to rename the current mnyob99.dll  to something like mnyob99.dll.old so that you can undo the patch if it doesn't help or if it breaks something else.

If you need help with applying that patch or if none of this helps, post back.

Bill Becker

Friday, March 28, 2014 3:30 PM