Need to confirm if my Windows 7 is Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• My friend recently purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on Ebay.

When He received the product He was suspicious as the disks lables was printed sticker,  The part number on the lable is GLC-00181.

I just got his Product ID 00426-068-0641307-86393.

Can someone check and see the copy if genuine?

BTW, Why a MSDN key will be bloked after few months?

Monday, October 25, 2010 10:02 AM

Answers

When He received the product He was suspicious as the disks lables was printed sticker,  The part number on the lable is GLC-00181.

Any software that is from Microsoft will NEVER have a stick on label on the disk, only information embedded into the plastic.  That is the first indication that your friend has purchased a counterfeit.  Purchasing any software from ebay is never a good idea. 

The 3 character notation within the product ID being 065 - 068 is definitely an MSDN product key and that, unless purchased through the proper subscription is also an indicator that the software is counterfeit.

Have your friend immediately start the complaint process and demand a full and immediate refund for any costs associated with the fraudulent purchase.
    • Marked as answer by come4profit Monday, October 25, 2010 7:52 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 1:20 PM

All replies

• "come4profit" wrote in message news:cc6ba75b-9445-42bc-b926-4e04a44b0aa9...

My friend recently purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on Ebay.

We really need the whole MGADiag report - but from the PID above, it's almost certainly an MSDN key, and therefore if bought as a separate purchase, it is counterfeit.
    The Key will be blocked as soon as the allowed number of activations is exceeded - which depend on how many copies the counterfeiter sells, and how fast.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, October 25, 2010 11:14 AM

Any software that is from Microsoft will NEVER have a stick on label on the disk, only information embedded into the plastic.  That is the first indication that your friend has purchased a counterfeit.  Purchasing any software from ebay is never a good idea. 

The 3 character notation within the product ID being 065 - 068 is definitely an MSDN product key and that, unless purchased through the proper subscription is also an indicator that the software is counterfeit.

Have your friend immediately start the complaint process and demand a full and immediate refund for any costs associated with the fraudulent purchase.
    • Marked as answer by come4profit Monday, October 25, 2010 7:52 PM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 1:20 PM
  • Does my friend has to reinstall his Windows 7 Ultimate or he can change another valid key instead of reinstall.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:45 AM
  • He can purchase a legitimate retail windows ultimate product and change the key, if he buys a lower SKU he would need to do a clean install.
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:58 PM