MGADiag - Test SLIC on an Enterprise scale #2 RRS feed

• Question

• (Side note: a moderator moved my original question to another forum, so I'm having to repost this. The topic is Volume Activation so it should really be here.}

Does anyone know of any way to test the Volume Activation BIOS compliance prior to a deployment?

In particular, I need to test that a machine has a valid SLIC table in the BIOS. There's a great post here but I can't script that.

I like what MGADiag does, but I'd like to test this while running XP and for thousands of machines to ensure that they will successfully activate after a migration.

Is there an API for MGADIAG? A command line version or powershell version of MGADiag would be great.

Thanks in advance.

/Andrew

Blog: http://scriptimus.wordpress.com

Thursday, April 25, 2013 3:35 PM

Answers

• The reason that I moved your original query was twofold.

1) this forum is geared towards consumers rather than enterprise users.

2) The forum I moved it to is geared towards enterprise technical issues, including activation - and has a much higher technical level, as well as support from MS staffers, who don't often frequent these WGA forums.

Since I am probably the most experienced poster in this forum (unless we get a blue moon and an MS staffer drops in), and have I no idea how to script calls to the BIOS SLIC, then I felt that you would get more chance of an effective response from the ITPro forums.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:45 AM