Vista RC1 validation error RRS feed

• Question

• All right, I've read all of problem issues and solutions and although they were similiar to mine, none of them was helpful. I've installed Vista RC1 build 5600 about week ago and still trying to validate it. When I try to use process at http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ it seems to works, it displays that everything is OK, but after that nothing seems to change. Still I can't open Control Panel through Start button or update. I tried to do the same thing few times too but error 0x80080250 was displayed. More.When I try to activate using Control Panel/System the report about 0x80070426 error is displayed. Time is running out and my Vista is stillnot activated. Did I mention that diagnose is showing that my system is OK? Please help, I can't manage with it myself

Regards

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 6:42 PM

Answers

• The errors you are seeing are typical of a system that contains an invalid or unsigned system binary file.

What edition of Vista are you running? 

Please send me (reizen at microsoft dot. com) your spsys.log (%windir%\system32\spsys.log) and I'll forward it along to our protection team for investigation. Also, please run eventvwr.exe and save your application event log and send that too. Finally, can you also provide a list of the apps you have installed/running?  This will facilitate our investigation -- I'm out of town on vacation right now but can start looking at this first thing on Monday.  If you email it sooner, I'll forward it right away in case somebody from the protection team is working on Friday or the weekend.

Okey-dokey, I'm off to get ready for some serious Turkey eating!

Thursday, November 23, 2006 5:02 PM