Re-installed Money and it does not recognise some files or backups RRS feed

• Question

• I had replacement C:\ drive installed on my PC. I re-installed Money (UK version) 2005 from the original disks to my new hard drive but it will now only load files & backups created before 2007. I ran an internet update around that date but can't find any reference to this to re-run it. I've tried copying over the whole of the MNYCoreFiles files from the original drive but seem to get some sort of checksum error. My current version is 14.0.120.730. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:48 PM

All replies

• EDIT You're on the right lines with MnyCoreFiles, but if you're getting a checksum error then that is your problem. You must get to 1105.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:10 PM
  • Some sort of checksum error?

I would presume that the checksum error(s) come when copying files from your old drive. Right? How many of the files show checksum errors when you try the copy?

We have hopes of a version of UK Money 2005 with the updates already applied  becoming available. I wish I had a schedule for that.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:16 PM
  • I have the same problem and same version.   How do I get to 1105.    You can no longer update Money.  I have a new computer with Windows 8 and Money has loaded Ok but will not use my backup.   When It gets to where it will store the restored file it says the file name is not recognised.  Any help would ne appreciated as I hve years worth of info locked up in my backup file
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:05 AM
  • I have the same problem and same version.   How do I get to 1105.    You can no longer update Money.  I have a new computer with Windows 8 and Money has loaded Ok but will not use my backup.   When It gets to where it will store the restored file it says the file name is not recognised.  Any help would ne appreciated as I hve years worth of info locked up in my backup file

Install Money 2005 UK using the installation file that you can download, which is pointed to by the first (sticky) post in this forum.
    • Proposed as answer by Gillygrove Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:15 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Gillygrove Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:15 PM
    Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:59 PM
  • Eureka!!!!  Problem solved.  For info of anyone else going nuts.

If you google Money 1105 patch you come up with this site

http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/649.aspx

There are 3 options there for the 1105 patch.   The first one (English) did not work but the 2nd one (International) worked.   I downloaded it, it installed it.  I didn't think it would work as after a reboot it said it couldn't do it but t did!!   My version of Money then changed from the 730 to 1105 version.  It then read my back up Ok and restored all my data.   Seems to be working fine.  Fingers crossed.

Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:25 PM