Does tech support have a secret society, I need a phone number My OneCare is not working and your system does not work either RRS feed

• Question

• I have never had so much of a problem trying to reach tech support.
    Normally I don't need a tech support unless it's a situation like this.
    One Care Does not start at all. I can not even get to the window it says it will now shut down.
    I have spent 2 days trying to find a way to do this and it has gone way out of control. I need some help and I need tech Support.
    Is there a way I can get my money back because of poor tech support? I truly don't like this at all. That the tech live in a secret society and they have no number to call.
    I had to buy a new virus scan just to find any bugs in my system.
    I am over 50 and I can not believe that this is a large company is doing this.
    All I want is my one care to work. Please!
    Joe

Friday, December 7, 2007 10:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Joe, support is difficult to reach if your subscription can't be validated due to a broken OneCare, unfortunately. The normal process for support is described here: 

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

You may want to see this post from Neeraj, a Program Manager for OneCare, asking for information from those having the very problem you are encountering. http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2523170&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 3:03 AM
  • Joe, I tried to email you at the email address in your forum profile and it bounced. Contact me at sboots@mvps.org and type OneCare in the subject line and include a link to this thread in the message body.

-steve

Saturday, December 8, 2007 3:27 AM
  • Steve, this looks kind of familiar.  I never got an email from you, you said it bounced, twice IIRC.

I gave you an email to a UNIX machine 1100 miles from here that should have no problem receiving your message.  If you are having messages bounce, it helps us to know what the server response was... I've sent you about 3 messages, no response.  Please send the message you intended to send to the UNIX account, as my current ISP is changing tomorrow morning.  If you never received my emails, please say so.  We really have a breakdown in communications.  Endless "helpful" web pages with no support numbers, and I know, you're trying to help as an MVP but email doesn't bounce without a reason... usually there is some gobbledygook in the bounced message from your outgoing server.

Thanks, Bill Halvorsen

Sunday, December 9, 2007 6:55 AM
  • Thank for the info Dennis.
    First of all I have a full subsciption. and it should be onecares priority to give us the link to help.
    But anyway after going through all this mees I finally went to Quest as they said for more help go to quest, They knew nothing about OneCare, but they did hook me up to OneCare ONE THE PHONE WHOOPIE!!
    I cracked the code of silence.
    They have all tese pages that you go to that are no help at all. When I bought a 3 year subsciption, I think I made a huge mistake.
    I should have the phone numer of the head tech!! ha ha.
    I believe if you call your service provider they will help you with contacting Microsoft and then conecting you with OneCare, the problem was he was in somalia or some place like that. But it did help and we got it going by shutting of one care through some processes and then turning it back on.
    Because it is on Automatic and we had to turn of .
    So that is the only way!!! bla bla bla

You Think when you Pay for a full subscription you would be able to get Tech Support on the Phone . When My Subcription runs out I am NOT renewing it!!. oh no...3 years? I am going to print to phone number and make sure I don't lose it, I'll probably make it into wall paper in my office.
    I NOW HAVE the phone number!!!! to the SECRET SOCIETY. Does that make me a member? Oh No!!!  (Big Grin)
    Thanks again Dennis for the info.
    It's just a process that we all have to face,
    Take Care
    or Take OneCare  (Off of my computer) GrinSmile

Joe
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:28 PM
  • Thanks for trying It's joezstuff@cfl.rr.com Try that. I'm taken care of now. I had to go through Quest that One Care has as a "(if you need more help go to Quset) but they knew nothing about it. They connected meto support.
    It is really rank that I paid for a subscription and I have to go through all these e-mails and type to a website.
    When I buy at symantec I have a phone number!
    I think I over bought my subscription. OneCare needs to rethink their policy.
    I have the Phone Number Now, and it's Gold to me. But It took a lot of my time to get it. Time is money.
    So since I just put in my 2 cents I'm still in the negative.
    Thanks
    Joe
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:35 PM
  • First of all I do have a valid subscription and it should be One Care Problem Not ours. I paid for three years, and maybe that was a mistake?
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:38 PM

• Hi Bill Halvorsen
    I will look into it. It should not be that way.
    Try joezstuff @cfl.rr.com
    I did bu 3 years and I was not happy.
    I got the phone number and It is fixed
    Joe
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 2:41 PM
  • Hi Steve and Bill
    I don't know who you are sending your e-mails to but I received and sent fine,
    I got e-mail and sent them to friends and I checked it my self so I really don't know what you are doing, Or maybe OneCare Missed a Virus?
    Joe
    Sunday, December 9, 2007 3:04 PM
  •  Willie Trombone2 wrote:

Steve, this looks kind of familiar.  I never got an email from you, you said it bounced, twice IIRC.

I gave you an email to a UNIX machine 1100 miles from here that should have no problem receiving your message.  If you are having messages bounce, it helps us to know what the server response was... I've sent you about 3 messages, no response.  Please send the message you intended to send to the UNIX account, as my current ISP is changing tomorrow morning.  If you never received my emails, please say so.  We really have a breakdown in communications.  Endless "helpful" web pages with no support numbers, and I know, you're trying to help as an MVP but email doesn't bounce without a reason... usually there is some gobbledygook in the bounced message from your outgoing server.

Thanks, Bill Halvorsen

I know why your message bounced - I was using the fake address you used in your profile to contact you rather that try to locate you in my 2,000+ message folder for OneCare stuff in Outlook.

-steve

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:45 AM
  • Hi Steve, Willie trombone or Bill who ever?
    I have sent back the last e-mail that you sent, and I am not having problems with my e-mail everyone is sending and I'm receiving just fine.
    I received your last e-mail you said you sent of 3 and I returned it to you just to see if it got to you so lets see if you got it and go from there.
    Thanks
    Joe
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:03 PM
  • STEPHEN BOOTS

Wow.  Sending you  three explicit emails with my email address in the body and  - well, I don't know.  The only thing "fake" I know of is for NNTP postings.

I did just change ISP's yesterday; and the new email is one of the addresses I sent in the body of the message.  The "old" one still works, too, if you're referring to my Passport profile.

I'm most curious to see what you sent me - in email - about WLOC.

Bill Halvorsen

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:57 PM
  • joezstuff and everyone, ignore any messages about email between S. Boots and me.  I'm just trying to avoid a new thread.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 9:58 PM
  • I don't use a fake e-mail address that is what I use and what I have been using for years.
    Sorry.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 4:36 PM
  • After all this time has gone by I guess tech support has been bombarded by e-mails,
    it has been working for awhile and I don't want to go through it again.
    I will not use this after the subscription runs out I will go elsewhere for another product just because I had so many problems trying to find supports phone number.
    I don't know if they have made it more available now or not but ConTho came through with a number and e-mailed me a number

[deleted number - it is only available to subscribers after validation - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2]

So if anyone has a problem try that number. I haven't tried it because I don't need the help now, I'm just waiting for the three years to use up my time.

Hopefully I won't have anymore problems during that time but at least we have a number Now.

Thanks ConTho

Joe

Saturday, March 22, 2008 5:35 PM
  • I was just trying to renew my subscription online to Microsoft Live OneCare and kept getting blocked by a message saying my request couldn't be completed at this time, try again later.  So, I fished around and found a couple of numbers you may be able to use: {deleted phone numbers - validation required}.  I was trying on Sunday and when I did get a tech support rep to talk to he informed me that they don't do business on Sunday for such things as renewing subscriptions.  Perhaps one of the numbers will help.  Good luck.

Sunday, May 4, 2008 4:44 PM