Windows Error Recovery help me please!! RRS feed

• Question

•  Ok I dont know what happaned but when i restarted my computer I got this error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Error Recovery
    Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software hardware or software change might be the cause.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried doing what it said, it told me to insert my installation disk and repair it but its still the same. When i ever i pick start windows normally or safe mode it just keeps restarting my computer. Please help me im too poor to afford another PC. Any help will due. Thank you.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:36 AM

Answers

• Good Morning Dman,

Can you run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and paste the results for us?  
    Please follow the steps below as it could resolve your issue. If need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.  Make sure you are logged on as an AdministratorConfirm you are using the most current version of Genuine Advantage by clicking Validate Windows on the website below:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps do not resolve your issue, continue below.

Please run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Test (MGADT) so that I may analyze the results.

By clicking the link below, you will download the MGADT.  Then click the Run button. Then click the Run button again. Then click the Continue button to perform the diagnostic. The Windows tab should show, click the Copy button to paste your report to the clipboard.  Then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum by adding a post in it and pressing Ctrl V (to paste the text). Clicking the OK button will clear the Diagnostic window. Here is the download link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Please tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for your copy of Windows Vista.

1. What edition/version of Windows XP is titled?

·         Home Basic

·         Home Premium 

·         Business

·         Ultimate

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5. DO NOT post the Product Key. 

Not sure what to look for, see this page to reference your COA:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/product.aspx?pID=b5c507e5-3522-40de-a2f4-97d82b39cc47&cID=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df&method=oem&displaylang=en

NOTE: The data collected with the MGADT does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you. The information can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

We will await your results Dman,

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, December 2, 2008 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:59 PM

All replies

• Good Morning Dman,

Can you run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and paste the results for us?  
    Please follow the steps below as it could resolve your issue. If need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.  Make sure you are logged on as an AdministratorConfirm you are using the most current version of Genuine Advantage by clicking Validate Windows on the website below:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps do not resolve your issue, continue below.

Please run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Test (MGADT) so that I may analyze the results.

By clicking the link below, you will download the MGADT.  Then click the Run button. Then click the Run button again. Then click the Continue button to perform the diagnostic. The Windows tab should show, click the Copy button to paste your report to the clipboard.  Then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum by adding a post in it and pressing Ctrl V (to paste the text). Clicking the OK button will clear the Diagnostic window. Here is the download link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Please tell us about the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) for your copy of Windows Vista.

1. What edition/version of Windows XP is titled?

·         Home Basic

·         Home Premium 

·         Business

·         Ultimate

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5. DO NOT post the Product Key. 

Not sure what to look for, see this page to reference your COA:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/product.aspx?pID=b5c507e5-3522-40de-a2f4-97d82b39cc47&cID=ea710cad-37b0-4975-bcd6-abfee19961df&method=oem&displaylang=en

NOTE: The data collected with the MGADT does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you. The information can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

We will await your results Dman,

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, December 2, 2008 1:15 AM
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:59 PM
  • Im using my brothers laptop right now because when ever I start up my computer i make it to the emachines logo and then it goes to the normal mode and safe mode thing thats where it showed the error. And then when i click one of those my  PC restarts. Which means i cant even get of my computer. Cant even make it to the log-in part. But anyways heres the answers.

1. Im using VISTA home premuim

2. No

3. No

4. Ok so I have a Emachines computer. I upgraded to Vista like a year ago. Ok so anyways when i start up my PC it shows the ''Emachines LOGO'' and the Intel logo. After that is done it shows the boot manager thing and at the top part of the boot manager it shows the windows faile error. Not paying it much attention i pressed start windows normally. After that it goes to the vista loading bar and then the screen turns black as if the monitor is turned off and then it restarts, and I go through the same process.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 8:52 PM
  • Dman,

Are you receiving any error messages or wording that you can provide me with?

Thankyou,

Stephen Holm, MS
    WGA Forum Manager
    Stephen Holm
    Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:24 AM