none
Unable to See Created Template from VS2017 in VS2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a Vsix Template Project/Package in VS2017 to Deploy the template on Different Visual Studio Version.After Install Package using Wix Toolset that template should be Visible on VS 2015 , VS 2017 and VS 2019 in New Project Window.
    When I Install that package from Wix ToolSet, the Template is Visible for VS2015 and VS 2017(Enterprise), But not showing on VS2019(When Open VS2019 File->New->Project(New Project Window)).I am stucking from long time to enable the template.

See below Screen Shot for VS2017 where I can able to see The template.

But Same I cannot see for VS 2019 Version. See Below ScreenShot for VS2019.I have made necessary changes to Visible template for VS2019. Do I missing anything setting for VS2019.Please help me.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Sunday, January 12, 2020 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi TawniyaD,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, the last screenshot seems not to be VS 2019, it should be like this:

So I'm afraid that your visual studio version is old. Please download the latest VS2019, and re-install your package. And you could type its name in search box to search it quickly.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:22 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

Thanks for reply. I have already Installed VS2019(16.4.2) version. still I am not able to see my Package on New Project Window Dialog.

Could you Please help for that.

Thanks

Dinesh

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:31 AM
  • Hi TawniyaD,

Thank you for quick reply.

We're sorry that the wix toolset is third tool, and it seems to be beyond our support. We recommend you could redirect to stack overflow with wix and visual studio tag for better support.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, January 13, 2020 8:54 AM