Relationship beetwen Lead and User RRS feed

• Question

• Can I and how to create relationship between User and Lead?

Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:45 PM

Answers

• In this case all you would need to do is open up the User form and then click in the body area and choose the Insert menu from the top and then Sub-Grid. Assign a Name, under Entity, choose Leads (Owning User), and then under Default View - choose the view that best suites what you are looking to display. Save and publish.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:51 PM

All replies

• Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System

Expand Entities -> Expand Lead

Click N:1 Relationships -> New Many-to-1 Relationship

Choose User as the Primary Entity

Assign a Display Name (what you want the field to show up as on the Lead form)

Under Lead select Forms and open your main form

Add the new field to the form

Save and Publish the entity

This gives you a relationship of a User being related to multiple Leads, you can also create a 1:N Relationship if you wish to have multiple Users associated with a single Lead.

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:15 PM
  • So with this solution you have to manually fill that field for every Lead?

Under all leads grid i already see that every lead has his owner.

My task is to display Leads under User form in which user is owner.  Can i do that without adding this extra field?

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:36 PM
  • In this case all you would need to do is open up the User form and then click in the body area and choose the Insert menu from the top and then Sub-Grid. Assign a Name, under Entity, choose Leads (Owning User), and then under Default View - choose the view that best suites what you are looking to display. Save and publish.

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Thank you very much ! This works :)

I have one more little question. I want to add link to Users form under the Workplace menu? How can i do that? I exported the site map but i don't know how to add it.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:18 PM
  • I would suggest using a tool to modify the sitemap as opposed to hand editing the XML - Microsoft Dynamics CRM SiteMap Editor

You'll need to get the URL of the view within Users you want to link to - navigate to the view under Settings -> Administration -> Users, select the view and then drop down Copy a Link and pick "Of Current View" (allow it to copy to your clip board).

When you get into the sitemap editor - add a child element under Workplace and the copy the URL of the view into the URL spot (make sure you delete the text before the "<" and the trailing ">")

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:40 PM
  • Ty.

I have another problem. I have to add link for Leads to navigation.  They don't like solution where leads grid is on the form with other information's for user...

Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:15 PM
  • Would it be possible to mark a response in this thread as having answered your question (if applicable) and then start a new thread for additional questions? 

Best practice is one question per thread - Thanks!

Jason Lattimer

Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:41 PM
  • Ok, tnx for helping me.
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:01 PM