Microsoft Certifications and IT Jobs RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Guys,

I want to get Microsoft certified such as MCSE. I have a bachelor degree in Management Information System. However, I have been working in pharmaceutical industry for the past 10+ years. I feel that it's hard for me to advance in this field since I do not have a relevant degree. There has not been any career advancement during the past 10+ years.

I'm thinking about getting MS certified to help me get my foot in the door of IT industry. I know I am way behind the technology now. But I'm willing to do whatever to catch up.

What exams should I start with if I want to be a MCSE? What is the best way to prepare for the exam?

Thanks

Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:57 PM

All replies

• First of all, think about which MCSE you want, since there are several variations:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcse-certification.aspx

If you are thinking about the "old" traditional MCSE (Systems Engineer), probably the closest "modern" MCSE (Solutions Expert) would be the MCSE:Server Infrastructure. But there are some newer specializations that you might find interesting if you are pursuing a career change. Perhaps a MCSE:Private Cloud or a MCSE:Sharepoint, or any of the other several variations.

If you follow the link that I provided above, you can click on any of the MCSEs and go to the page that lists the exams that you will need. If you then click on any of the exams, you will get to a page that contains a section for "Skills Measured" as well as "Preparation Options". First of all read the Skills Measured to see how many of the required topics are already familiar to you. If you are only missing a small number of items, you can simply search the Internet to find relevant information such as articles on Technet or MSDN, and this may be enough to prepare for the exam. On the other hand, if you are missing a lot of knowledge, then it may be preferrable to take a course or buy a book (see Preparation Options).

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:18 AM
  • I think MCSE is a good option for you. This certification is categorized by function as server, desktop, database, developer. MCSE certification comes after MCSA, so first you have to clear Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA). You can do MCSE certification from Koenig-Solutions. They offer best in class training methodology using Microsoft Official curriculum to equip professional with the requisite skills to sync, organize & share information throughout the organization. For more information visit Koenig-Solutions
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:52 AM