Set Regarding does not work (Shared Calendar) - is this another MS bug?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am having an issue where Set Regarding is not working through Shared Calendars. Basically:

Sales Manager - creates an appointment
    Assistant (full access to Sales Manager calendar) - goes into Sales Manager calendar and clicks "Set Regarding" to an account.

The problem is however is that Sales Manager does not see a link to CRM until he actually opens and then click saves on that appointment. That actually makes no sense.... We tried pushing synchronize and reloading outlook but still the link does not appear. Does anyone know what can I do??? This looks like a bug?

Dan

We use CRM 2011 on premises, with latest Rollup 18 and MS Outlook 2010

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:20 PM

All replies

• Yes this is still unresolved and I am really about fed up with Microsoft and their full of bugs software. This is soo frustrating!!

Anyone have any thoughts? We even upgraded everything to Roll up 18.. I cant believe that this is not working. Please any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thursday, November 13, 2014 11:07 PM
  • Dan,

Assistent set regarding to her local datafile and not to the datafile of the sales manager, because crm can only synchonize with the local datafile of outlook and not with shared mailboxed or calenders. If the sales manager has not created the appointment it would be synchronized then to his outlook calender, but he had created it and the last "changed by" is in this case the assistent. It works like it should. The sales maanger is able to see it corect directly in crm but not in outlook because it is not tracked byhis local datafile...

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Friday, November 14, 2014 9:24 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

I gave same permissions to manager and assistant. And I tried to do it both ways and in fact it works one way but not the other way. This is very strange as I gave all same rights to manager and assistant. You talk about data file but it seems to work one way anyway....

Manager: Create Appointment in his Outlook
    Assistant: Goes in Manager's shared calendar and Set's Regarding to an Account
    Manager: in his calendar his appointment states: "This meeting will be Tracked in CRM after it is saved or sent" then Manager clicks Synchronize and now appointment is visible and linked to CRM. All OK!

Now I try to do the other way, assistant creates appointment and manager links to CRM. and now the same message retains: "This meeting will be Tracked in CRM after it is saved or sent".

Both Manager and Assistant have all same permission rights..

Friday, November 14, 2014 12:54 PM
  • this way is not supported, as i wrote. it could work but not always

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Monday, November 17, 2014 2:05 PM