Microsoft money in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

•  

MS should make a patch for this. There are many users that need this help and we aren't all geniuses.

Windows 10 will not open MS Money (Plus) files. Is there anyway I can open these files, even as text, to obtain my data?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 9:54 PM

All replies

• i have the same problem,  i was used it on windows 8.1 it was ok, but when up grade windoes 10  does not work,
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:30 AM
  • This is a user-supported forum for Microsoft Money.  Microsoft corporate does not follow or respond to posts here.  Even very large type won't get their attention.  Furthermore, Microsoft abandoned Money 5 years ago.  It's "use at your own risk" software so you should not expect any support whatsoever from Microsoft.

That being said, Windows 10 will open your Money files if you make the changes to your system that are clearly explained in several posts in this forum.  You don't need to be a computer genius to apply these changes.

To answer your question about Money Plus files, these are in a Jet database format.  There have been efforts to extract data from these files with some success.  But it requires considerable computer skills to use these tools and there is no way developed to transfer those data to a different financial program.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:33 AM
  • my trouble with MS Money 2007, Now with a new PC and win 10 it wont save my back up files. I change the registry value as suggested

but still not " Back up failed or was canceled"

Saturday, April 1, 2017 9:29 PM
  • You should not do any registry changes.  They are not required.

Since you have a new computer, you need to tell Money where to save your backup files.  Open Money and go to Tools>Backup Settings and verify that the two save locations actually exist on you new computer.  You should browse to a location that is not in the C:\Program Files (x86) folder but rather in your Documents folder.  I recommend that you check the "Automatically back up my Money file every time I close Money" box and place those automatic backups in a subfolder that you create in your Documents folder.  You should also place the Scheduled Backups in a different physical location, - on a flash drive, external hard drive, or a DVD, so that you are protected against a corruption or failure of your computer's hard drive.

Let us know how you make out.

Bill Becker

Sunday, April 2, 2017 2:52 AM