Selecting Specific Streets RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a route.  However, I want to change the route between two stops.  S & T is sending me down a street to a stop, and having me make a u-turn on that street to resume the rest of the route.  I wish to circle a block to streamline the route and can't figure how to do it without adding a fake stop to get me around that block.  I'm' driving a school bus and don't want to make that u-turn.
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 7:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

You could use the Avoid Area tool to modify your route without "fake" stops.

Laptop GPS World
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:22 PM
  • Like most other software applications, S&T is not real good at reading the minds of its users.  Consequently, there must be a way for the application to communicate with the user so that it can respond to the user's needs constructively.  The way this application deals with users' routing requirements is to have the user insert stops along the route.  You can call them "fake stops" or plain "stops" or "waypoints" or whatever you like but S&T needs to be told sometimes where the user wants to go rather than just "shortest" or "fastest" routes. 

Fortunately, there are many easy ways of inserting these stops into a route, including simply dragging the route to a different place on the map to achieve the re-routing you want.  If this is too difficult, you might have a long wait until a mind-reading program comes along. 

• Proposed as answer by Philip K1 Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:01 PM
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:01 PM