CRM 2013 On Premise: Administrative Account RRS feed

• Question

• I installed CRM 2013 on-promise and trying to access the Settings area to import a solution and do some other administrative tasks. However, all I get is a screen with Accounts, Appointments, Campaigns, etc listed on the left. When I go to users I see the account that is also listed under "Deployment Administrators" in the Deployment Manager. When I check the settings for that user "Access Mode" is set to Read-Write. I tried to switch it to "Administrative" but it tells me "Insufficient Permissions". I also can't change the License Type from Professional to Administrative. I am logged into the computer with the credentials of the Deployment Manager. Still I don't seem to have administrative rights. What am I doing wrong?
    Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you install an fresh CRM or update it? If it's new then just log in with user you used to create Organization. That user will have System Administrator role by default. Then you can add new user and assign their role.

Hope it help.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:02 AM
  • I had only two accounts, the admin for the computer and an additional one I created to run the sql services. I logged in with the admin account and the admin account was also listed as the only "Deployment Administrator". The account I used to log in was that admin account. I then figured I'll create a new windows account and add that account as another deployment administrator. After doing that CRM suddenly asked me for my credentials which it did not before. After I added CRM as a trusted site (because it kept on asking me for the pwd) I started to see all the menus that I expected to see. I don't know why what I did triggered the credentials screen and why I did not get an error before (for missing credentials) but it's working now using the same account as originally.
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:48 PM