none
Forum Suggestion Concerns

Question

• Hello everyone, I want to know if this forum has a certified group of Admins from Microsoft who answers forum questions and if any, how do you spot them. I'm concerned about taking some suggestions from just about any posting.
    Thursday, June 08, 2017 2:48 PM

Answers

• These are for the most part peer level support forums. You can also check the various affiliation tags (if any) for users. There really is no certification for anyone that might answer questions here but checking the tags and or user profiles might be helpful.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg602412.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 08, 2017 3:00 PM
  • In addition, the recognition system, points and achievements (gold, silver, and bronze), indicates experience. Points in particular are awarded for doing something helpful to others, like having a reply marked as an answer or marked helpful.

Edit: The recognition system is documented in this FAQ:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

Edit: I should add that a few Microsoft employees do answer questions in some forums. This will be indicated in their affiliation. Most also append "- MSFT" to their display name. Two sticky threads at the top of this forum show this. In some forums contractors hired by Microsoft answer questions and moderate. They are knowledgeable and do a good job. Their affiliation will be "Microsoft Contingent Staff", and their display name can include "MSFT CSG".

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, June 08, 2017 3:23 PM

All replies

• These are for the most part peer level support forums. You can also check the various affiliation tags (if any) for users. There really is no certification for anyone that might answer questions here but checking the tags and or user profiles might be helpful.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/gg602412.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 08, 2017 3:00 PM
  • In addition, the recognition system, points and achievements (gold, silver, and bronze), indicates experience. Points in particular are awarded for doing something helpful to others, like having a reply marked as an answer or marked helpful.

Edit: The recognition system is documented in this FAQ:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/ff395928.aspx

Edit: I should add that a few Microsoft employees do answer questions in some forums. This will be indicated in their affiliation. Most also append "- MSFT" to their display name. Two sticky threads at the top of this forum show this. In some forums contractors hired by Microsoft answer questions and moderate. They are knowledgeable and do a good job. Their affiliation will be "Microsoft Contingent Staff", and their display name can include "MSFT CSG".

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, June 08, 2017 3:23 PM
  • Many forums have Microsoft designed engineers in addition to regular users who answer questions. You may notice MSFT designations for them and usually more "formal" way of answering questions.

Sorry, Richard, didn't notice you answered the same as I did. We used to have very good MSFT CSG in SQL Server forums, but it looks like now there are new people who answer the SQL Server questions and they are, in my opinion, OK, but not as good as the people we had prior to that.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, June 19, 2017 5:04 PM