Can not log on to WHS RRS feed

• Question

• My WHS system received an update and rebooted the system.  After reboot I as not able to log on. I receive this message:

The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct , then type your password again . Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.   

To log on prior to this update all I had to do was enter the user name of Administrator and enter the password.
    I did not have a domain name listed in the System; however, I did have a workgroup listed.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you say "log on" you mean logging on using keyboard or remote desktop?
    Can you still connect to through the WHS console and/or have access to the server shared folders?

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:07 PM
  • I can not log on via remote, over the network , or even using the keyboard attached the local server.  I do have access to the shared folders from a networked laptop.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:15 PM
  • From this I get that connecting from the laptop through the console is not possible either. Just to be sure: you are logging in with the username "Administrator" and the server administror password?

Did you try rebooting te server (try pressing the power button shortly to see if it shuts down..)? Unless rebooting the server gets you in I personally think your only way out of this would be a server re-install.

- Theo.

Tip: As you still have folder access: if you need to copy off any data from the system partition before reinstalling WHS, try connecting using the adminitrative shares \\server\c$ or \\server\d$ using the "Administrator" + password. Note that this will only work if the administrative shares where not disabled. No need to say that if it works this is certainly "unsupported"...

No home server like Home Server
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:37 PM