WHS 2011 Connector won't re-install RRS feed

• Question

• I had the 2011 WHS connector installed on a W7 Ultimate 64-bit machine. Due to a user name/computer mix up,  I uninstalled the working Connector using Control Panel. After the uninstall I cannot re install the Connector. It terminates the install when it gets to 95% and reverses the installation saying that "something went wrong".  I have attempted to re install multiple times with the same outcome. The  "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\FileRenameOperations" key is not the problem.

As a result I have shut down the WHS Server since I can't access it through the Dashboard or create the required user.

Are there any suggestions how to void this error and re install the WHS 2011 Connector?

J.R.ink
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:07 PM

Answers

• If you just want to get it up and running you can log into your server locally or use Remote Desktop and run the Dashboard that way to create your user. This of course does not negate the need to find a solution for your Connector installation problem.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by Weyoun7 Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:13 PM

All replies

• If you just want to get it up and running you can log into your server locally or use Remote Desktop and run the Dashboard that way to create your user. This of course does not negate the need to find a solution for your Connector installation problem.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Marked as answer by Weyoun7 Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:07 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. It looks now like a I have three choices: 1) Re-install Windows (horrors!); 2) forget the WHS 2011completely; 3) Return to the WHS 1 that worked well for several years. Hmmmm.
    J.R.ink
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:10 PM