any way to log file access denied errors? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for a way to log FileNotFound or AccessDenied exceptions. In particular, I need to know which user we were impersonating when we attempted the file access. This is all tied to the painful way that Workflow3 loads dependency files from the shadow path (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files). Any tools to do this presently? It's too bad the System Security Event log doesn't pick these up.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 10:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft forum. This forum focuses on Perfmon and diagnostic tools. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Thanks.

Bruce Adamczak

Bruce Adamczak Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:23 PM
  • It looks to me like you have an asp.Net form accessing files, and want to log failures.

If so, you should ask in the ASP.Net forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, November 9, 2012 9:35 PM