Any WHS dedicated hardware? RRS feed

• Question

• Since my WHS 2011 box recently bit the dust I'm trying to decide between buying a prebuilt solution or rebuilding my existing system with new mobo, etc.  After a quick search around the internet I wasn't able to turn up any WHS 2011 dedicated hardware.  Acer's RevoCenter doesn't appear to be for sale and HP of course stopped making their line of servers.  I did see a company called TranquilPC out of the UK that sells a dedicated box, but the prices are too high for me.  Anyone have experience with WHS 2011 hardware or know of a system that exists?
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:53 PM

All replies

• HP now supports installing WHS on its Proliant range of servers if you want to buy dedicated pre-built hardware. I have installed a number of times on mainstream desktop hardware without issue so that's also an option for you.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 11:04 PM
  • Is that the same HP that is rumored to be getting rid of its computer  division?

Walter

"Phil Harrison" wrote in message  news:c47fae5a-1905-4bac-bcb8-9267fbfcb0d7@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    HP now supports installing WHS on its Proliant range of servers if you  want to buy dedicated pre-built hardware. I have installed a number of  times on mainstream desktop hardware without issue so that's also an  option for you.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question,  please mark it as such.

Walter Blanchard
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:10 PM
  • Business does not stop if you are trying to sell something. Exactly the opposite in fact as the desire to make it look a valuable asset prevails.
    Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:37 PM
  • Is that the same HP that is rumored to be getting rid of its computer  division?
    HP announced yesterday that they no longer intend to sell or spin off their PC division, and they never announced any intention to sell their server division.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, October 31, 2011 4:41 PM
  • It's still troubling that after almost 7 months after general release of 2011 there are no US companies selling 2011 solutions. Sure you can pick up a HP microserver and install 2011 on it, HP will even sort of support that, but where are all the OEM boxes? That is very troubling for me as an end user of 2011 and I think it speaks volumes about how OEMs percieve the future of WHS. My father in law wants a WHS 2011 box, but will only buy a US supported, OEM all in one like the HP ex495 series was. So far, he has waited 7 months and told me a few weeks ago he's sick of waiting and planned on picking up a Synology NAS for his home business during Cybermonday/black Friday week.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Thanks, Ken.  As I said, it was a rumor.

Walter

"Ken Warren [MVP]" wrote in message  news:2a1ce3cf-6b3c-4f97-94bc-3e2bebdea7d4@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Is that the same HP that is rumored to be getting rid of its computer   division?
    HP announced yesterday that they no longer intend to sell or spin off  their PC division, and they never announced any intention to sell their  server division.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Walter Blanchard
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 4:30 PM