none
Is it possible to Re-install Windows 7 Starter w/ Product Key legally

Question

• I'm trying to help out a friend who formatted his Toshiba NB-525-01S HDD, errantly thinking he could rid the OS of some spam and spyware issues that he had accumulated over the years and simply re-load and presto, life would be grand again. Even with just an Atom. I've done some research into this for him and discovered that what is said to be a simple matter of downloading an .iso file for Windows 7 Starter, along with eicnfg utility tool for editing the ei config file as well as the download\install to USB or CD\DVD utility file and then picking the proper .iso file to match the product key, simple went out with windows, pardon the pun. First do you download said files to the USB flash drive as I'm trying to create or to drive C: on my computer (the one trying to create the recovery USB drive. Is there any[one out there that can walk me through this process one click or enter stroke at a time? His computer came preloaded with Windows 7 Starter and a Product Key. Even when i entered it above it did not generate any response as to whether it is a good key or bad. Any response about this would be greatly apprieciated. Thnx and rollyerown lol

Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:18 AM

Answers