Can't Uninstall Vail connector software RRS feed

• Question

• I am stuck and will appreciate any help in my situation.

I have tried running the uninstaller and keep getting errors midway through the process. I have exited from the tray icon and stopped the services. It still won't uninstall, so I got a suggestion to try the installer cleanup utility. I did that and tried to manually delete the files and still no luck. Now I can't even reinstall the software either. I am reaching my end here. I just want the program off the computer. 

any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated

thanks

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:07 PM

All replies

• Did you install the WHS1 connector after the Vail connector?  If so, uninstall the WHS1 connector first, then the Vail connector before reinstalling the WHS1 connector.
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:08 PM
  • thanks for the response.

No I didn't. This computer only has vail installed. There is no other server software on it. Should I try to install the WHS1 to uninstall vail? that doesn't sound right.

If I make a new vail server could I reinstall the connector software with the different server name?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:47 PM
  • I had the same problem. Googling for some time got me your "solution" : delete all relevant files and clean up. So I preferred reinstalling W7.
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:36 AM