System.ServiceModel.FaultException during plugin registration CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to open the connection to a test environment using plugin registration tool. However, I encountered the below error while connecting. Can someone help here.. Thanks!

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error.  For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Discovery.IDiscoveryService.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.DiscoveryServiceProxy.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.PluginRegistration.CrmConnection.RetrieveOrganizations()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.PluginRegistration.ConnectionsForm.OpenConnection(CrmConnection con)

Raghunath

Monday, May 5, 2014 10:19 AM

All replies

• check you network first, can you access your CRM in your compute? If the CRM was installed in your local box, try to use IP address instead of domain name.
    Monday, May 5, 2014 10:30 AM
  • Hi Raghunath,

please go to CRM -> customization -> Developer Resources and note down url mentioned on Organization Service

Please try to use this url to connect using plug in registration tool and see if this works..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, May 5, 2014 1:24 PM
    Answerer