This copy of Windows is not genuine message: Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Darin,

Here's the update that I said I would give, took a while only because I wanted to make sure that i was no longer recieving the windows not genuine message, regarding my original post located here,

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/741b0da5-a29e-45c8-b961-337b338b89b0

I tried the MS Support and recieved quick response to my query, I'm not sure if that is because they are much more efficient or perhaps because of your Help in escalating the issue ( by the way thanks again Darin).

Support was helpful and did have me perform the same posible fixes you (Darin) gave me. One new method was to do a clean boot through MSConfig and disabling all non ms programs, still did not help with my problem.

Eventaully it was suggested that I try a new install of the OS. Your second option if i remember correctly Darin.

Long story short it has been over two weeks since my install and I have yet to recieve any windows not genuine message at all. Last time it took about 2 weeks after initial installation (by the store I had purchased my computer and OS from) to have the message to appear on my desktop.

Funny how they preferred that they install my OS instead of myself claiming that having it done proffessionally would make sure it was done correctly. Never again.

By the way, I love Windows 7, its installation is so easy, its easier than installing 90% of the programs out there, only answered about 4-5 questions and BAM!, it installed on it'ss' own. My graphics card drivers from the CD, was harder to install that Windows 7. Two thiumbs up at Microsoft on that.

Yeaup, so performing a fresh install fixed my problem.  So if anyothers have similra issues and have tried everything else, try a fresh install.

Darin thanks again for yout time and effort.

Ern09

Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Ern09,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us what happened!

I had not thought of troubleshooting using MSConfig.  Good idea.

I am sorry that we couldn't get the issue resolved without reinstalling (I always feel like we kind of failed if the user has to reinstall).  But as long as you are up and running now, it's a good thing.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to contact me again if you ever have any non-genuine issue, in the future,
    Darin MS

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:16 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Ern09,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us what happened!

I had not thought of troubleshooting using MSConfig.  Good idea.

I am sorry that we couldn't get the issue resolved without reinstalling (I always feel like we kind of failed if the user has to reinstall).  But as long as you are up and running now, it's a good thing.

Thanks again and don't hesitate to contact me again if you ever have any non-genuine issue, in the future,
    Darin MS

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:16 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 9:13 PM
  • I also performed a fresh install.. As fresh as it can be considering it's all on a partition on my new HP.. no physical discs or anything. 
    I'm just responding here so I can get updates on this post in case Ern09 comes back and tells us windows deactivated again. 
    That of course being my biggest fear that the problem will continue to arise.  It would also be nice to know.. since this seems to be happening to quite a bit of people
    if this is a problem that is being looked into by microsoft.
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:11 PM