Tanjay cannot answer voice call RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all: trying to get OCS 2007 R2 Standard setup in our lab.  Have 2 Tanjays to play with.  The Tanjays are able to logon to the sip domain, but when I place a call from one Tanjoy to the other, the target phone rings, but it will not answer the call.  I have the latest firmware in the phones (3.5.6907.35).  I am using a local CA. 

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hello all: problem resolved!  Too stupid to mention, but I had one Tanjay daisy chained in the back of the other.  As soon as I put both on separate hub ports, voila either can call the other.   I thought that was a passthrough port, but  I guess not.  Thanx all for your suggestions anyway.  Interesting that booting and logon on worked, but no calls.

-- cheers
    • Marked as answer by GrainAdmin2 Friday, August 21, 2009 3:47 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2009 3:46 PM

All replies

• ... the target phone rings, but it will not answer the call...

Both phones inicate the call is established but no audio or the call cannot be establiched at all?

Drago

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 11:33 PM
  • I would say "cannot be establiched at all".  Once you lift the handset to answer the call, the call times out after a few seconds.  No audio is established.  The phone originating finally displays "call disconncted".  I tried this in both directions, same result.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:01 AM
  • MS really need to put the spellchecker back here... :-)

Anyway, start logging (SIP Stack) on your Front End server, initiate a call and read the log (you will need OCSreskit installed to do so). Post the log here if the reason is not obvious (it will be, I promise).

Drago
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:38 AM
  • Drago's suggestions are right on.  One question to add, do calls from MOC to MOC work? 

-kp
    Kevin Peters MCSE/MCSA/MCTS/CCNA/Security+ blog: www.ocsguy.com
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:53 AM
  • Thanx all.  I will try MOC 2 MOC tomorrow and also post the trace.
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:23 AM
  • Hello al:

MOC to Tanjay works
    Tanjay to MOC works
    Tanjay to Tanjay does not

Any ideas?

(I tried to attach a log with the "insert code block" icon but it pukes.  I will keep trying to attach the log.  Forum problems?)

-- cheers

Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:58 PM
  • Hey buddy,

email it here: dnt @ drago.ws

Drago

Thursday, August 20, 2009 10:11 PM
  • Done.

-- thanx
    Friday, August 21, 2009 12:20 AM
  • Kevin,

SIP negotiation is OK, but the called party sends BYE with "Ms-client-diagnostics: 52031; reason="Call terminated on media connectivity failure".

This is typical for Edge/Firewall missconfiguration. Both Tanjays are on same subnet and I dont see Edge deployed... Thoughts?

Drago
    Friday, August 21, 2009 3:21 AM
  • Hello all: problem resolved!  Too stupid to mention, but I had one Tanjay daisy chained in the back of the other.  As soon as I put both on separate hub ports, voila either can call the other.   I thought that was a passthrough port, but  I guess not.  Thanx all for your suggestions anyway.  Interesting that booting and logon on worked, but no calls.

-- cheers
    • Marked as answer by GrainAdmin2 Friday, August 21, 2009 3:47 PM
    Friday, August 21, 2009 3:46 PM